| Click to view more |
Preferred Buyer From
||Anywhere in India
|This Prices Including
||18% GST Tax + All other Taxes
||Samples are free
7 D.S. Almond Oil Benefits
1. Regulates Cholesterol
- One of the most widely known benefits of almond oil is its ability to regulate cholesterol. Regular consumption of almond oil raises HDL cholesterol(known as “good” cholesterol), lowers LDL (“bad” cholesterol) and generally lowers overall cholesterol levels naturally. (3)
- Between the high unsaturated fat content (which is already really good for your cholesterol levels) and vitamin E, almond oil allows oxygen and nutrients to flow freely through your blood, meaning that your heart will thank you for gifting it with almond oil.
2. Reduces Risk of Heart Disease
- Not only can you expect better cholesterol levels with almond oil as a regular part of your diet, but you can also look forward to a decreased risk of cardiovascular disease, according to a 2014 study published in the Journal of Research in Medical Sciences. (4) Heart disease, like high cholesterol and many other conditions, is often caused by chronic inflammation. Real foods with antioxidative and anti-inflammatory properties, therefore, generally reduce your risk for many common health conditions.
- If you are already at risk for coronary heart disease, I highly recommend adding regular almond oil consumption to your diet. This, in conjunction with eating good sulfur-containing superfoods (such as eggs or kale) and getting good omega-3 fatty acids, should help you to reduce inflammation in your body and keep your heart healthy.
3. Protects Against Diabetes
- Diabetes occurs when your blood sugar becomes elevated due to your pancreas or cells being unable to produce insulin properly. Almonds and almond oil have been proven to both help regulate blood sugar levels and even prevent diabetes!
- In a Purdue University study, researchers found consuming almonds at breakfast (in the form of whole almonds, almond butter, almond flour and almond oil) decreased blood sugar levels and made participants feel more full, avoiding the second-meal dip that many diabetic patients or patients in the prediabetes stage experience. In fact, in that particular study, almond oil performed as well as whole almonds at encouraging insulin production after the first meal (and even better than almond flour and almond butter!). (5)
- Another trial conducted by the Clinical Nutrition and Risk Factor Modification Center at St. Michael’s Hospital in Toronto suggested that almonds, combined with foods high in carbohydrates (meaning foods with a high glycemic index), may actually decrease the glycemic level of an overall meal, again helping those with insulin resistance or at risk for diabetes to regulate their blood sugar levels. (6)
4. Promotes Healthy Weight
- An almond-enriched diet can also help you shed extra pounds and lose weight fast. A great deal of research has proven that people who consume almonds (and/or almond oil) as a regular part of their diets show greater weight loss than people on an identical diet without almonds. (7)
- One common concern people have when introducing almond products into their diets is the potential weight gain, as almonds are high in fat. However, the perception that a low-fat diet is good for you is actually a myth! A balanced diet includes plenty of plant-based foods and healthy fats — not least of which because fats help you to feel satisfied when you finish eating. (8)
5. Keeps Your Colon and Rectum Healthy
- It’s everyone’s favorite subject — rectal health! But let’s be honest, problems with your colon and other digestive areas can be a pain in the … well, you get the point. Almond oil is extremely effective in helping keep you healthy in that particular nether region.
- For example, consuming almonds reduces your risk of colon cancer. (9) Almond oil injection is also the first method of treatment to cure rectal prolapse in children. (10)
- In a study from the Faculty of Medicine at Cairo University in Egypt, patients with idiopathic pruritus ani (an unexplained itching of the anal region that can’t be cured by medication) were given almond oil injections. Almost 93 percent of participants were permanently cured after the first treatment, and the additional patients that went through a brief remission and then had the condition recur were cured after their second treatments. (11)
- If you’re in need of a mild, natural laxative to relieve constipation, you can also drink two tablespoons of almond oil (or pour it over salads or vegetables) daily. (12) Some research even suggests a correlation between almond oil and relief of irritable bowel syndrome.
6. Treats Earaches
- Earaches are a common problem, especially among children, and the causes vary. There are many homeopathic options for relieving ear pain and treating ear infections. One such natural ear infection remedy is sweet almond oil, known for its quick relief of ear pain.
- It’s used to soften ear wax and relieve blockage in the ventilation tubes within the ear. In fact, sweet almond oil, unlike many other earwax softeners, has been proven to be safe for the ear, even if there are microscopic cuts inside (as many other earwax softeners tend to cause infection if exposed to microscopic abrasions within the ear). (13)
- Simply warm a tablespoon in hot water, put two to three drops of almond oil in the spoon and drop it into the affected ear, allowing the warm oil to go down the ear canal.
7. Great for Your Skin and Hair
- One of the most well-known benefits of almond oil is its ability to keep your skin and hair looking great! As a mild, hypoallergenic oil, it’s safe for sensitive skin, including baby skin. Absorption is best when the oil is warmed to body temperature before application. It’s also a great idea to combine it with a few essential oils for triple power — myrrh and rose oils are two common essentials that keep your skin looking healthy as well.
- Probably due in large part to its antioxidative properties, sweet almond oil is known for protecting skin against UV radiation damage and keeping skin soft and supple. A 2007 study by the Departments of Pharmaceutics at Hamdard University in India found it to both prevent initial UV damage and slow down the effects of UV damage after it happened. (14)
- Almond oil has a light texture and easily absorbs into skin. It can be used to gently dislodge debris from deep within skin pores and follicles, and also may help prevent future acne because of its vitamin A content. You can even create a natural facial scrub using fine sugar mixed with sweet almond oil, safe for even those with sensitive skin.
- The dark circles under your eyes don’t stand a chance! When you apply a few warm drops beneath your bottom eyelid before bed, you can expect to see brighter, less puffy eyes. Applied all over the face, almond oil can also delay general signs of aging as it renews the cells of your facial skin.
- Do you suffer from psoriasis and/or eczema? Lucky for you, almond oil is a natural remedy for eczema and psoriasis. Both of these conditions are caused by multiple factors, including poor digestion. As another safe remedy to treat these skin conditions, almond oil helps relieve the inflammation, itchiness and redness of psoriasis or eczema. (15)
- Other skin and beauty ideas for almond oil are to use it as a makeup remover, to treat chapped lips, to reduce undesired layers of tan and to work it through your hair as a substitute for leave-in conditioner.
Almond Oil History & Interesting Facts
- For centuries, people have used almond oil for its incredible multifaceted benefits. Its uses in treating dry skin conditions, such as psoriasis and eczema, were taught as part of ancient Chinese, Ayurvedic and Greco-Persian schools of medicine. (16)
- Almonds originated in the Middle East and Asia and weren’t transported to the U.S. until much more recently — specifically California, where the majority of U.S. almond production happens. The first appearance of the almond treein the U.S. and Europe was recorded in the 19th century.
- There are lots of interesting uses for almond oil beyond its medicinal and cosmetic functions. Like I mentioned earlier, almond oil has recently been tested as a potentially beneficial biodiesel fuel. It can also treat dermatitis in dogs and has been used as an ingredient in an all-natural, non-abrasive toothpaste that rids teeth of plaque without wearing away enamel. (17, 18) It’s even used as a wood conditioner of some types of woodwind instruments, such as the oboe and clarinet.
- Almond oil also has potential in humanitarian efforts in developing countries. Aluminum phosphide (ALP) is a pesticide used to protect rice during storage in many developing world areas. However, ALP is toxic and is one of the most common causes of poisoning and sometimes suicide, especially in India and Iran.
- Recently, scientists from Tehran University of Medical Sciences in Iran tested the use of sweet almond oil (taken orally) and found it to be a fairly effective antidote to ALP, significantly reducing the number of deaths from those exposed. (20) That’s an incredible finding, as no other effective antidote for ALP has ever been found.
Looking for "Almond Oil" ?
100ml, 250ml, 500ml & 1kg