||Cooking, Medicine, Skin Care
| Click to view more |
Preferred Buyer From
||Anywhere in India
||Germ of the Wheat Kernel
|This Prices Including
||18% GST Tax + All other Taxes
||Samples are free
6 Incredible Benefits of D.S. Wheat Germ Oil
1. A Rich Source of Antioxidants
- Wheat germ oil is a great source of Vitamin E, which is said to be a powerful antioxidant. "It helps fight against free radical damage. Coming from the centre of the wheat kernel, wheat germ is known for at least 23 odd nutrients, including Vitamins A, B, D and E," says Shonali Sabherwal, a Macrobiotic Nutritionist, Chef and Instructor based in Mumbai. These vitamins all contribute to various functions of the body, particularly skin health.
- "Vitamin E travels throughout the body neutralising free radicals which would otherwise damage fat-containing structures like cell membranes and brain cells," says Dr. Manoj K. Ahuja, Fortis Hospital. It also helps prevent oxidative stress.
2. A Great Face Cleanser
- "Wheat germ oil is a natural oil which helps in cleansing the face efficiently. It helps seal moisture back and also gets rid of excess sebum, which could lead to other skin problems like acne, pimples, etc. It does not clog pores as it is non-comedogenic,"says Shilpa Arora, a Health Practitioner, Nutritionist and certified Macrobiotic Health Coach based in New Delhi.
- A few drops of the oil can be used on your skin or added to your face packs or masks. You can also take a few drops and message gently onto your face and let it rest. Those with oily skin condition must get in touch with a skin care expert before applying the oil.
3. Lowers Cholesterol
- "It is rich in Octacosanol, which is a long chain fatty acid with alcohol that promotes and aids physical performance, including strength and stamina. Research also shows Octacosanol's ability to affect fat metabolism, decreases cholesterol production (helps to bring down LDL) and prevents hardening of arteries, which could account for the cardiovascular benefits," says Dr. Anju Sood, a renowned Nutritionist based in Bangalore.
- She further adds, "Wheat germ oil contains the goodness of omega-3 fatty acids, which help in regulating the nervous system systematically."
5. Acts as a Hair Nourisher
- Wheat germ oil is a useful ingredient for maintaining healthy hair. "It is rich in linoleic acid and acts as a hair nourisher. Use it in the ratio 10:1 with other carrier oils such as olive and sesame (10 parts carrier oil and 1 part wheat germ oil) and apply on the scalp. Leave it on for some time before rinsing the hair," says Dr Ashutosh Gautam, Clinical Operations and Coordination Manager at Baidyanath.
6. Has Anti-Ageing Properties
- Being a great source of vitamins - B6, Folic acid and E, wheat germ oil is said to act as an anti-ageing agent for the skin. "Vitamin E is a strong anti-oxidant and it promotes healthy skin as it prevents many skin problems like psoriasis, eczema and dry skin. Vitamin B, on the other hand, helps in repairing tissue damage and promotes tissue growth,"
Looking for "Wheat Germ Oil" ?
100ml, 250ml, 500ml & 1kg